I’d love to share my favorite summer drink, Clericot.
I discovered it during my time living in Argentina. It’s everyone’s go-to drink in the beach town of Punta Del Este, where Argentinians migrate for the summer.
⁃ 2 Granny Smith Apples, diced
⁃ Peaches, diced
⁃ 1 Pear, diced
⁃ 2 Tangerines, peeled and sliced in half moons
⁃ Large handful of Strawberries, hulled and sliced
⁃ 1 cup of Grapes, halved
⁃ 2 tbsp. Sugar
⁃ 100ml Sparkling Water or Club Soda
⁃ 50ml Triple Sec or Cointreau
⁃ 750ml Bottle of Chilled White Wine
1. In a large pitcher, add chopped fruit, white wine, Cointreau, and sugar.
2. Stir well to combine, lightly pressing down on the fruit.
3. Chill the mixture for at least 1 hour allowing the fruit to infuse the wine.
4. Just before serving, add the sparkling water and stir.
5. Spoon fruit into wine glass or highball glasses then pour Clericot.
Notes: Feel free to use any seasonal fruit you have on hand.
For a non-alcoholic version, substitute with White Grape Juice.
Freeze leftovers into ice cubes and enjoy with chilled wine another day.